Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Have I Shared This?

Each summer my collection of honey pots comes out for display. 
As the season has changed, these will come down into storage.

The collection has not changed, but the cross stitch has.  Sharp eyes may notice a couple of new framed pieces - I'll share them in more detail in future posts.  

A few funny bird photos.

I had a male Flicker most interested in a milk carton cap.

I use the gallon jugs to fill up bird baths and our front fountain.
I must have 'lost' a cap.

The female Flicker was far more practical and interested in suet.

Friday was a special day in Birdland.

My first sighting this fall / winter of a Yellow-rumpled Warbler.  I'm hoping it will become a daily visitor. 



8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Honeypot collection looks great in your corner hutch, Beth. What super photos; maybe he thought it was his own personal water spot.

MelissaD said...

Love the honeypots! I have a lot of bee related items and stitching 🐝 since my name means honeybee.
Love all your photos, as always

RJ said...

Beth I love your Honeybee pots too. .. fantastic! RJ

Stewart M said...

Very nice shot of the Flicker - we have birds here called Satin Bower birds, that collect anything blue - bottle tops included.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Meg said...

I love the honey pots display! How neat! I have never seen a honey pot shaped like a bee skep, and look - you have all of those! What a neat collection. Now whenever I go antiquing, I will be looking for one. haha!

Cute stitches, too!

Bits of Stitching! said...

What a lovely collection of beehive ceramic honey pots! Lovely pictures of the Flickers and Warbler!

Carol said...

What a beautiful collection of honey pots. I was looking for one to use with all of my bee stitching this summer, but came up empty.

Astrids dragon said...

Look at all those honey pots, what a fun thing to collect!