Wednesday, October 10, 2018

First Finish - October


Design - "Little Birds Calendar" - "Pied Flycatcher - October"
Designer- The Little Stitcher
Fabric - 32 count Vintage Country Mocha
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 3 October 2018
Completed - 6 October 2018

Are you impressed - here's a finish for October.  I love this little bird - the colors look boring, but that was not so.  


I learned that the pied Wagtail is an insectivore that spends part of the year in Britain.

These photos are free to share from Wiki Commons.

A Black Phoebe is the closest I come to a Pied Flycatcher type bird.

I had one show up from December 2013 through February 2014.

It was such a great bird to watch on clear sunny winter days.

It was a very striking bird...

I did see one briefly a couple of weeks ago, but it may have just been passing through during migration.  I'd love to have one hang out this winter.

5 comments:

LaNelle said...

Lovely finish Beth! Wonderful little bird...enjoy your day...

Vickie said...

I love your finish Beth!

MelissaD said...

We have black Phoebes here and they're one of my favorites. Always chirping and flying after insects. We had a nest over our front door for a few years until I convinced them to move over a few feet 😀 I liked watching the babies from my kitchen window.

Robin in Virginia said...

Sweet bird stitch, Beth!

Carol said...

A pretty finish and I love the little spider web in the corner :)