Friday, September 15, 2017

Friday's Finish

Design - "Junco"
Chart - "Prairie Birds"
Designer - The Prairie Schooler
Fabric - 32 count Ocean Kiss Wichelt linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 29 August 2017
Completed - 10 September 2017

The Juncos approve of my recent stitch.

The consensus seems to be that the stitched birds are reasonably life-like. 

Besides Juncos, I have Steller's Jays...

California Scrub Jays

American Robins

Ravens

Cedar Waxwings

Three young birds and one mature bird.  Can you spot the mature bird?

Pine Siskins!

This is the second time a small group of Pine Siskins has come by.

Stay for the winter guys!  I'll take good care of you.

Red-breasted Nuthatch

American Goldfinch and Red-breasted Nuthatch.

These guys are such characters.  Fun to watch.

8 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh I like this finish Beth!

MaryO said...

Great finish + great pics!

Carol said...

Such a darling finish, Beth! I've always loved gray and pink together--and the Juncos are such lovely little birds :)

Barb said...

What a pretty finish. I get lots of juncos in the winter when I feed the birds from my deck.

Maggee said...

That PS square is one of my four also! Tho when I stitched it, I had not seen a Junco, ever! It was many, many years ago! Great bunch of backyard birds. You never know who will drop in, do you? This fall, I want to see a Red-breasted Nuthatch too! It's been on my list a while! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Mary said...

Is the mature bird the one on the bottom branch on the right side?

I really love this bird xstitch series...

Christine said...

What a gorgeous finish! Lovely bird pictures too

RJ said...

This is such a darling stitch...I really, really like it. RJ