Thursday, April 18, 2024

Migration is Marvelous - Part 1

Continuing with my Frame a Rabbit theme, several years ago I took in Ewe & Eye & Friend's "Brown Bunny" to be finished. 

We decided on a very plain brown frame wit a bit of a metallic finish. 

As the sampler is a bit busy, I thought a simple frame would be best.

I think it sets off the piece nicely...and so does the brown bunny.

Migration is marvelous!

Seeing my first male Purple Finches.

And hearing them too.

They are singing up a storm.

Also had the first small group of breeding colored American Goldfinches.

Migration is song and color.

Last summer I did not have many goldfinches.

Hoping for more this year.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I think your frame is just perfect for the bunny! It's always amazing to me that finding the right frame is so much more difficult and time consuming, than the stitching!

Robin in Virginia said...

Sweet framed bunny piece! Lovely birds!