Thursday, April 25, 2024

A Pleasant Surprise #1

As it turned out it took about 90 minutes to finish and there were 17 buttons to attach (not 18). 
I'm pretty pleased with it.

Design - "The Rabbit Alphabet"
Designer - JBW Designs
Fabric - 28 count Antique white linen
Fibers - Crescent Colours - "Betty Bluebell" - 2 strands over 2 threads (used 3 skeins)
Started - 31 August 2012
Completed - 24 October 2013 

Look who briefly came by!

A group of three Acorn Woodpeckers!

I never got a shot of all three birds together, ad my shots of two birds are really blurry.

So first off there was this female.

She gave me several nice poses.

Yoga moves

Thoughtful
Then she flew off.

Here's the only photo I managed of the lone male bird.

And here's the other female.
I hope that they stop by even semi-regularly.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your rabbit sampler is darling. Will you have it framed? Great shots of the Acorn woodpeckers!

Joni said...

Love the rabbit sampler in blue. A perfect Spring finish!
While I was working on the fence line adjacent to a large oak savanna, I kept hearing "mew cries" and we looked up and saw 2 acorn babies peering out of a notch hole in the large oak.

Mary said...

Your sampler finish is really pretty.