Friday, September 2, 2022

Friyay!

Design - "Snappy Snow Pea"
Designer - Ewe & Eye & Friends
Fabric - 40 count Sandstone line
Fibers - GAST, WDW & Anchor - 1 strand over 2 threads
Started - 3 September 2012
Completed - 6 September 2012

A special day - a special bird wandered in for the evening.

Late Monday evening this little cutie appeared in a blackberry thicket in the backyard making "tic tic tic" sounds. That caught my attention and I found the bird. 


The photos aren't great as the light was low and the bird spent a lot of time hiding.

With the expert help of a coworker, we determined that it was a female Common Yellowthroat.

Even in this blurry photo you can see the lighter colored throat of the bird. 

Common Yellowthroats are a warbler are not not the least bit common in my yard. 

Thrilled to see this little lady.

For comparison here's a male Common Yellowthroat - a much flashier bird.
I was lucky to have this in my yard in September 2017. That gives you an idea of just how infrequently I see this species of warbler.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a darling little bird! I am glad you were able to find it by its sound.