Tuesday, May 3, 2022

They're Back Too

Design - "Spring Time"
Designer - Citrouille's Designs
Fabric - 32 count Vintage Buttercream Lakeside linen
Fiber -  Belle Soie Silk - "Peacock" - 1 strand over 2 threads
Started - 21 August 2013
Completed - 2 September 2013 

Spring is here!

And the Black-headed Grosbeaks have returned.

The adult males arrived first.

I saw four of them Monday evening.

Handsome birds with a lovely song.

A few days later, the females showed up.
Welcome back everyone!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely spring piece, Beth! Glad the Black headed Grosbeaks have returned.

Darlene S said...

That is definitely a handsome bird. I don't think I have ever seen these before, but I will try to pay closer attention when I'm in the PNW this summer. I'm now wondering if I have seen these, but thought they were Robins? I will do some photo comparisons to better ID. Thank you for sharing.