Thursday, May 19, 2022

The Finch Family

Design - "Goldfinch"
Chart - "Prairie Birds"
Designer - The Prairie Schooler
Fabric - 32 count Ocean Kiss Wichlet linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 11 August 2017
Completed - 13 August 2017 

I now have four tube feeders in the back yard to help accommodate the large mixed flocks of Pine Siskins, Lesser Goldfinches, and American Goldfinches.

I think this is a better than average year for Black-headed Grosbeaks.  I am seeing 6-8 birds at a time and hearing still others.

Last spring was a bust for Evening Grosbeaks. 

This year is better, and while I'd love to have still more birds, I'm grateful to have even a few.

I continue to hear them daily.

And they continue to come to the back yard feeders.

I am confident that there are two pairs, and maybe a third.

Now it is a waiting game.  Will any stay in the area and breed?

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your PS bird stitch is darling. What beautiful birds to see!

Pam C said...

I just love your blog. I look forward to it every night, and love the wildlife photos and knowledge you share. I also love all your stitching and how you organize and share it throughout the year. Thank you!