Friday, May 27, 2022

Blue Sky Birds

Design - "Western Scrub Jay"
Chart - "The Bird Collection" Part 3
Designer - Heartstring Samplery
Fabric - 32 count Wren Picture This Plus linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 14 September 2017
Completed - 4 October 2017

The 'official' name of this bird changed from the time Beth Twist published her design to the time I stitched it. I charted out the 'new' name California Scrub Jay and that's what I stitched.

Framed - September 2018

For the first time this year, I had a small flock (12-14) of Cedar Waxwings fly in.

Yellow-tipped tail feathers and crazy crest!

I call them Frowning Birds

This trio looks like punk rock band members.

One bird

A pair

A trio

Another sighting of multiple birds atop a Douglas fir tree

I like the juxtaposition of birds and new cones.

Hope you too are having a Blue Sky Day.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your bird stitch, Beth! What fabulous pictures of the Cedar Waxwings against the gorgeous blue sky!

Darlene S said...

Too funny, but I have to agree with you that the Cedar Waxwings do look like frowning birds. I always thought of them as serious birds.