Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Nesting Time

 Design - "Small Blue Motif 1" (freebie)

Designer - Windy Willows

Fabric - 32 count cream linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 23 April 2015
Completed - 23 April 2015

Black-capped Chickadees are starting to use the unprocessed cotton for nesting material.

I've watched a couple of birds grab bits of material.


So far they've headed off away from the house - not toward any of my nesting boxes.

The Violet-green Swallows continue to house hunt.

Perching atop the box seems to be a 'thing".

"It's ours and you can't have it!"

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Sweet bunny stitch, Beth! Glad the birds are finding/using the nesting materials.

Darlene S said...

How sweet to know you helped so many birds build lovely homes. I'm impressed with such a big bite of nesting material your bird took. My hummers just seem to grab a tiny puff at a time, in comparison. But so fun to watch. Thank you for introducing me to this nesting material. I love hanging it for the birds in the Spring to make nests. Housing prices are so expensive they can use all the help they can get!