Thursday, May 20, 2021

Celebrating Grosbeaks

 

Design - "Primitive Cat"
Chart - "Barn Cats"
Designer - The Prairie Schooler
Fabric - 28 count natural Norden linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - September 2014
Completed 28 September 2014

I made a few changes as I stitched. I changed the color of the mouse from rust to light grey.  I added whiskers.  And I tweaked the pattern on the rug so that it filled the entire background in an even fashion.

I have Tuesdays off from work.

In the afternoon I had a group of five Evening Grosbeaks come by.

The colors...those beaks... their cheerful 'churring'.

What's not to love?

Big beaked guy!

And handsome female companion.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love their coloring!

Barb said...

What lovely visitors! Plus that is such a cute design!

diamondc said...

Beth: Cute cat design.
Lovely bird photos.

Catherine

Lisa B. said...

These are the most gorgeous birds. Wish we had them here in Tennessee.