Monday, May 24, 2021

Backyard Activity

Design - "The Cat Sampler"
Designer - The Goode Huswife
Fabric -32 count Muffin linen
Fibers - DMC - strands over 2 threads
Started - 17 May 1998
Completed - 20 May 1998


It was pleasant to have a couple of Chestnut-backed Chickadees in the backyard the other day.

While they are frequent winter visitors, I don't see much of them in the spring and summer. 

There's that chestnut back!

Surprised to have an American Goldfinch having a go at the nesting material.  They normally nest in mid-June. 

And here's a handsome Purple Finch.  The top of his head glows with color.
 
More Scrub Jays have been hanging around as of late. 

Two and three at the same time. 

3 comments:

Darlene S said...

Purrfect "The Cat Sampler". I'm amazed you finished it so quickly, but them I'm a complete newbie to cross stitch. I love your work. Quite a variety of beautiful birds today. I don't think I've ever seen a Chickadee. They look like really sweet birds.

Barb said...

Our babies are gone. I was surprised but no sign of any disturbance to the nest or the area so I feel they were just ready to fly!

Mylene said...

Lovely Sampler finish.
And great birds pictures.