Thursday, May 21, 2020

Nesting Continues

Design - "Wren"
Chart - "Prairie Birds"
Designer - The Prairie Schooler
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Fabric - 32 count Wichelt Ocean Kiss linen
Started - 19 August 2018
Completed - 26 August 2018


So just when I think I've 'collected' all the species possible in my yard and property...

Pow! I see and ID a new Yard Bird. 
This is a Northern House Wren. 

The photos were taken looking through a metal fence, so are blurry.

But I was thrilled to watch the House Wren as it carefully gathered nesting material. 

Little tiny Douglas fir twigs seemed to suit.

And off it goes.  It also took some of the organic cotton from my nesting ball.

Also hard at work with nest construction was this female Rufous Hummingbird.

Busy, busy, busy birds.

2 comments:

CathieJ said...

I love the bird pics!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your PS bird looks super! I stitched them all last year and they are waiting to be put in finished form. Yay on having a new to you bird, Beth!