Friday, May 29, 2020

Cedar Waxwings



Design - "Cedar Waxwing"
Chart - "Birdsong I"
Designer - The Prairie Schooler
Fabric - 32 count Lambswool linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 19 September 2017
Completed - 21 September 2017

Beginning on the 20th of the month or so, I started hearing a high-pitched whistling sound.

Finally on the 23rd of the month I saw them!

A small group of Cedar Waxwings.

So for several mornings in a row I've found a group of birds perched high up in a large Douglas fir tree.

They then fly off for the day. 

I think they are among the most handsome birds that I see up near the house.

They do not ever come to the feeders, but will come for water.

They are insect and fruit/berry eaters.  I'll see them on and off through October.

3 comments:

MaryO said...

They are spectacular!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your PS bird stitch is lovely. What awesome shots of the Cedar Waxwings!

Barb said...

They are such interesting looking birds!