Wednesday, November 19, 2014

An Owl and Woodpeckers

Design - "Barn Owl"
Chart - "Fall Fields"
Designer - The Prairie Schooler
Fabric - 28 count Lambswool linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 17 November 2014
Completed - 18 November 2014 

I know, not a turkey, but I thought this Barn Owl was pretty irresistible! 

A couple of Flickers came by Saturday morning.

A handsome male took possession of this suet feeder.

He was not the sharing sort.

So this young female Flicker waited patiently...

...before deciding she could make good use of my second suet feeder.

Like all woodpeckers, Flickers use their strong stiff tail feathers as a prop.

She's a rather sweet bird I think!

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Love that owl! It's my ideal image of an owl. The little Flickr is so cute!

Anna van Schurman said...

Love all these owls! :-)

Vickie said...

I like this owl finish.

Giovanna said...

Lovely owl - great finish.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I agree Beth, she's a very sweet bird - such bonnie feathers.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

wonderful captures of the flickers! :)

Barb said...

I love all the owls you have been stitching. It would be fun to do a Christmas tree with all your owl projects.

Pam in IL said...

Another irresistible owl!

Andrea said...

Love the owl.