Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Seasonal Stitch and Seasonal Food

December - Christmas Stitching and Dungeness Crab!


I decided after finishing "Let it Snow" that I'd next work on this cute little Lizzie Kate December stamp. According to the most recent forecast, it is to get colder and the snow-level is to drop to 1500' in the next couple of days...we can only hope!

The Tuesday Garden Party Theme for today is a seasonal recipe.  In the state of Oregon, December means it is finally Dungeness Crab time.  Yumm! 


Hot Crab Dip


4 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp Old Bay seasoning or other seasoned salt
5 1/2 oz can Ocean Harvest Dungeness Crab or other fresh crab

Pre-heat oven to 350F

Place all the ingredients, except the crab, in a medium bowl and blend together with a spatula.  Stir in crab, gently.  Turn the dip into a 1-quart casserole dish, and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
  
Serve while hot with crackers, bite-sized pieces of bread, or veggie sticks.  Dip can also be presented in a bread bowl.

Makes 1 1/3 cups.

Special thanks to The Ocean Harvest out of Winchester, Oregon for the recipe.  They are a regular at our Holiday Market and Saturday Market - wonderful food - sourced locally~

7 comments:

Eliza said...

I love the colors in your snow stamp!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Wow, Beth! You've been busy stitching and decorating! Love all your collections and many thanks for the hot crab dip recipe. I have printed and will use it next week. THANKS!
Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

I love crab dip recipes! Now to make it really hot I would add a splash (or two) of Tabasco sauce.

Mary Bergfeld said...

The birds are fascinating to watch at this time of year. I'll be trying your hot crab dip this weekend. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Donnie said...

I love your photos and I'm sure the birds were happy to stop off there for lunch.. Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

Jenny said...

I love crab dip and this recipes looks delish. I think I just decided to add crab dip to my Christmas Eve buffet!

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage said...

Sounds good- I just made a similar one with clams, but not cooked. I'll try this next. :-)

Thanks for sharing!