Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Winter




I finished "Merry Winter"!  I haven't gotten around to researching Quaker motifs, but it is certainly on my To-Do List now. 

Design - A Quaker Year - "Merry Winter"
Designer - Homespun Elegance
Fabric - 28 count Amber linen
Fibers - Belle Soie Silks - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 15 December 2010
Completed - 19 December 2010

I love the "one color" clean lines of the design - it makes the reindeer motif really "pop".

On the Christmas front the house is decorated - trees included.

This is my mother's display of snowmen.

I'm mostly done wrapping...

I have a new strategy - I wrap a dozen packages in festive paper with the gift tag.  Then I come back later, and in a 2nd sweep add the ribbons and bows!  It feels like the wrapping goes faster than way...whether or not it really does...

1 comment:

Lois said...

What lovely Christmas decorations! I do like your Merry Winter. I stitched it last year and it's one of my favourites to have out on display.