Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Migration Begins

Design - "Coccinella" - Freebie
Designer - Alessandra Adelaide Needleworks
Fabric - 26 count white linen
Floss - DMC / Anchor
Started - 4 July 2010
Completed - 19 July 2010

We've received a bit of badly needed rain and the temperatures have moderated.
It feels like Fall. 

With fall come changes in the birds I'm seeing and hearing.

Suddenly there are White-crowned Sparrows again.
The black and white heads are striking.  

I also got to see a Thrush.

I'm pretty sure this is a Swainson's Thrush. 

It has a very bold eye-ring.

A Hermit Thrush has a russet tail, and I don't think this guy does.

And also this cutie-pie Flycatcher.

If they are quiet they are very hard for me to correctly ID.

I am leaning toward a Willow Flycatcher.

The colors see to point in that direction, though I've not heard one this summer. 

But again, migration has begun so it could be one moving through.

Anyway, whatever it is I'll just enjoy our interaction

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Adorable stitch you featured! Love the bird pictures, Beth!