Friday, September 8, 2023

Friday's Framed Finish

I haven't taken anything in to be framed for several years.
This year I came up with seven finishes worthy of framing.
Here's the first. 

Design - "Red-wing Blackbird"
Chart - "The Bird Collection - Part II"
Designer - Heartstring Samplery
Fabric - 32 count PTP Wren linen
Fibers- GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 22 May 2018
Completed - 1 August 2018

Framed - July 2023 
I still have three of these designs to stitch.
I'd like to have all 12 stitched and framed.

With the coming of fall there are changes in the birding world. 
 
I walked down by two of our season creeks (dry now) and came across  a small flock of Bushtits.
I was able to get a few decent shots.
This is a male.

And so is this.

This is a female.

Up at the house Chestnut-backed Chickadees remains active.

As do Black-capped Chickadees.

Hello!

A California Jay or two come by every few days.

Top of the morning to you!

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your framed Redwing Blackbird, Beth! I remember when you were stitching it. The Bushtits look adorable. Happy Friday!

Joni said...

Swooning over the Redwing Blackbird stitcher. Gorgeous!
I love watching bushtits swarm in, take over a tree and then quick as a wink, fly on to the next.
I had a old oak tree fall below the barn this week and the acorn woodpeckers are very busy. I am cutting the branches and leaving them in a pile for them to finish harvesting before placing them on the burn pile. It is a very good acorn year. I harvested 12 old barn boards to surround my structural timbers in the big barn to encourage/discourage them from whittling away at the structure. 2 of the boards are half filled since placing them 1 week ago!

Solstitches said...

Your framed piece is very pretty and you captured some beautiful pictures of the birds.