Monday, October 4, 2021

New Start

 

Another couple of stitches my The Humble Stitcher.
I'm going to start with the Marsh Tit on the upper left - a bird!
Big Surprise, right? 

I was surprised...

...recently to have a Bewick's Wren pop out of the brush and hang out on the deer fence with a Song Sparrow.

The large white eyebrow...

...and the iconic upright striped tail help to ID this bird.

They tend to flit and hide in the brush,

...so it was great to have it out in the open.

Crouching.

Upright tail.

A classic pose.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Awesome choice for your next project! Lovely bird surprise!

Darlene S said...

I don't recall ever seeing any Bewick's Wren before. Wrens are one of my favorite birds. They are just so sweet and sound so cheerful. I will keep my eyes open in hopes of spotting a Bewick's Wren when I am in the PNW again.

Barb said...

It is easy to spot that wren tail! Such cute little birds!