Thursday, June 24, 2021

Bee Theme

I have a small collection of honey pots which get displayed this time of year.


I have numerous bee skep cross stitches, so have some of them out on display.  

I need to get busy cross stitching again.

More bees!

I've continued to watch (from a respectful distance) the pair of nesting Black-capped Chickadees.

 

Bringing back food.

A tasty snack.

The nesting bo -- which feturez a drawing of chickadees by Marjolein Bastin.

Heading back out.

Zoom!

Waiting to go in.

Looking inside.

Waiting in the Douglas fir lobby before flying to the nesting box.

Removing a fecal sac from the nest.

Posing!

Blurry photo of the nesting pair.

Look closely at this bird.

See how mottled the head and back are?
A mess of white and black instead of solid black. 

This is the bird I've been watching for months and months, trying to figure out if it is a Black-capped or Mountain Chickadee.

The jury is in.  It's a mated leucistic Black-capped Chickadee!

2 comments:

MaryO said...

Great post and pics! Thanks!

MaryO

Barb said...

I love your honey pots! Perfect decor for this time of year!