Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Green and Yellow

Design - "Alphabet Bunny"
Pamphlet - "The Bunny Collection"
Designer - JBW Designs
Fabric - 28 count Antique White Cashel
Floss - DMC
Started - 27 June 2010
Completed - 9 July 2010

While this pattern required lots of color changes - a little light green, then a small dark green letter, then more light green - it was a fun stitch.  The designer included a micro pattern of cabbages, and I added that to the bottom of my bunny. 

I had the perfect dark green Pine Mountain pillow insert at hand.

The bird and the bunny garden ornaments approved!

 

Look who's returned! The upper left is a male American Goldfinch.  The bottom right is a male Lesser Goldfinch.

First it was just a single bird.

Then two, now there are six or more.

It was also beyond exciting to see a rare visitor - a Black Phoebe.

These guys usually hang out by water - streams and ponds.  But every once in a while one briefly graces the backyard.

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your bunny stitch is darling, Beth. How fun to have a Black Phoebe visit the backyard.

Robin C said...

Hi, I found your blog when I searched for cross stitch. I am really enjoying it because my Son is a birder and we love seeing what birds are near you. We live in Virginia. I gather you are on the west coast. Washington, Oregon or California?
I look forward to more posts.

Barb said...

A black Phoebe, now that is a new bird for me. I had not even heard of them! The gold finches are so pretty!

diamondc said...

Beth: Your bunny pillow is adorable, the garden friend looks happy to have him sitting in the garden.
Beautiful finch's they will arrive in Minnesota around the first of May.

Catherine