Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Courting Time

 Design - "A Little Easter" (kit)

Designer - Lizzie Kate

Fabric - 32 count white linen
Fibers - GAST & WDW -2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 31 March 2013
Completed - April 2013


On days with good weather, the Violet-Green Swallows continue to attend Open Houses.

This is a female.

And this is a male.
I've heard Tree Swallows, but no photos.  Friday evening I heard and saw a group of four Barn Swallows - my first sighting this spring.

The male Flickers are showing off courting up a storm.

I'm not sure the females are all that impressed.

I continue to see three or more Acorn Woodpeckers.
This is the male - he has blue eyes denoting that he is a young bird.

The female has pinky-red eyes - the sign of a mature bird.

See?

I don't know the sexes of the 'extra' birds as these two continue to run them off.

2 comments:

Mylene said...

Love your Lizzie Kate finish, such a cutie.

Great pictures of the birds.

Barb said...

We have a little male chickadee who thinks there is a male adversary in our bedroom window! He really pecks at it!