Friday, October 9, 2020

FOS - First of the Season

Design - "Wisdom" (kit)
Designer - Shakespeare's Peddler
Fabric - 32 count Pearled Barley linen 
Fibers - Belle Soie Silk - one strand over two threads
Started - 15 August 2011
Completed - 17 August 2011

 

Wednesday morning was a particularly productive time to watch and listen to the birds in the backyard.

I had four FOS - first of the season (autumn) birds.  I heard my first Varied Thrush, and saw a couple of Fox Sparrows.   

I was excited to find this White-throated Sparrow amongst a group of Golden-crowned Sparows.

The white throat is a distinctive marker... 

...as is the yellow lust above the eyes. 

Here he is facing off with a Golden-crowned Sparrow.

The final FOS bird was this small Ruby-crowned Kinglet.  They tend to flit around - never still - so I was pleased with this capture. 

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Wonderful first of the season views, Beth! Love your Wisdom piece!

MaryO said...

Wonderful pics Beth!

Barb said...

Great first season views. I think maybe we have the kinglets but they are not still long enough for me to be sure. What a cute stitch!