Friday, October 2, 2020

A Rare Visitor

Design - "Owl"
Chart - "Trick or Treat"
Designer - The Prairie Schooler
Fabric - unknown 28 count cream even weave
Started - 5 November 2010
Completed - 7 November 2010 

 Earlier this week a rare visitor came by for a couple of days.

I cannot tell you how please I was to see a Black Phoebe perched on the fence in the front yard.

We are at the northern edge of their range, so they are still a somewhat rate bird. 

Plus they generally hang out at the edges of streams or ponds.

So it was great to see this little guy.

He might easily be mistaken for a Junco, but for his all black head and distinctive black and white chest.

He showed up the next day too.

It would be a real treat if he decided to be an on-and-off winter visitor.

Welcome little bird!

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your owl stitch, Beth! What fun to see a rare to your area bird! He looks on the fuzzy side.

Barb said...

How great to have a new visitor and such a handsome one to boot!

MelissaD said...

Interesting! I live south of you in the central valley of California and I have black phoebes everywhere. We even had a nest I could see from the kitchen window and watch the babies learn to fly.

Rhodesia said...

Great photos but I love your owl cross-stitch. Keep well and stay safe, Diane

LDR said...

What a cutie! I hope he hangs around for awhile.