Thursday, December 5, 2019

Red Santa Red Bird

Design - Santa Folk - Animal Santas - Rabbit
Designer - Sue McElhaney
Magazine - For the Love of Cross Stitch - November 1988
Fabric - 14 count White Aida
Date Stitched - unknown

Remember back in the 1980's when everything you cross stitched required copious amounts of back-stitch?  I must say the back-stitching does make this Santa Bunny 'pop'.

And the bright red head of this sapsucker makes this bird 'pop' too.

If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you can see the new orange colored sap wells the bird has been busily drilling.

He is at work on this tree most mornings when I bring down the big bird feeder.

Another pop of color - a Steller's Jay!

4 comments:

Lazy Days & Sundays said...

Thats a lovely little cross stitch. I've made some this year for the festival of trees and now that has come to an end they will be adorning my little tree come the weekend.

Mx

Robin in Virginia said...

I remember those days (and charts) with the copious amounts of backstitching. It is probably why I am not a fan today. The Steller's Jay is so pretty. That Sapsucker is diligently working!

Monique said...

Très joli ce "lapin" de Noël, bravo, et et woodpecker cherche les vers.
Monique

Barb said...

The back of that sapsucker is so interesting. The colors resemble the bark! Without the red, it would be hard for me to spot!