Tuesday, December 17, 2019

High in the Sky

Design - "Celebrate"
Chart - "Tiny Tidings XVII" #155
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 28 count French Cafe Mocha linen
Fibers - Crescent Colors, GAST, WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 26 December 2012
Completed - 29 December 2012

Reindeer fly high in the sky and so do these guys...

Late in the afternoon I heard, and then saw a large flock of crows headed home for the evening.

It took two photos to capture most of the birds.  I estimate there were over 150 birds - can you imagine how noisy their rookery must be?

And I spied two Turkey Vultures.  While not rare, it is unusual for Turkey Vultures to hang out in the Willamette Valley in the winter.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Super cute reindeer stitch!

Lisa B. said...

Seeing all those crows reminded me of Canuck, the missing Crow from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Just wondered if you follow Canuck and I on Facebook. Just thought I'd mention it - he is tagged so if you ever see a crow like that, please contact the gentleman who has been looking for him for a very long time. Thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/thecrowandI/