Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Lots of Birds

Design - "Spring Basket" (Snippet) 
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 28 count Antique Ivory Cashel
Started - 2 May 2004
Completed - 11 May 2004

We have a nice group of yellow tulips in bloom - I'll have to grab a photo.


April is bringing in lots of interesting birds.
The Ravens have returned.

I caught one fleeting glimpse of a male Western Bluebird on the 11th.

I don't know if I'll see any more.  Bluebirds are very erratic for me.

The Bushtits have been very reliable.

And for three days running I had a female Downy Woodpecker.

She's such a little thing.

This morning a male Hairy Woodpecker came by. 

As did a couple of male Acorn Woodpeckers.

What really excites me though, is my observations of two, yes two female Acorn Woodpeckers.  My little flock would grow exponentially if I had two breeding females.

Flickers are no worry.

I often see a pair of birds. 

She had to wait her turn.

5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I just can't get over how many different birds you have come to your place--and on top of that--all the great photos you take of them--
they must be passing the word along the 'grapevine' about all the goodies you put out for them to enjoy!!!!!
thanks for sharing--
luv, di

Robin in Virginia said...

Spring Basket is a sweet stitch. Fabulous bird shots! I hope your acorn population grows.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love your little stitching!

Rhodesia said...

Great set of photos, well done. Have a good day Diane

Barb said...

Your stitched basket is so pretty. Wonderful bird photos, as usual. I still think you could easily sell a calendar!!