Monday, February 18, 2019

Red Letter Day

Red stitching and birds today.  I am working on the snowman's wine colored sweater...

While out in the natural world. 

There's lots of red...

including a Red-breasted Sapsucker.

The Acorn Woodpeckers have bright red caps. 

All three birds have been active.  Here are two...

...and the third bird.

All three together.

Both males came to the backyard to eat.

Number #1

Number #2

Male Flicker with bright red cheeks.

And a female Flicker.

She wanted suet...

...but had to wait her turn.

She's ready to eat!

5 comments:

LaNelle said...

Beautiful stitching Beth! Love the color red and birds dressed in red are the best...so enjoy your Acorn woodpeckers as I do not have any in Northern MN, have a fabulous week!

Robin in Virginia said...

Beth, I am playing catch up so I am responding here to the last few days of posts. Your stitches are fabulous and you are making super progress on the snowman. Always enjoy your bird and critter pictures! Have a super Monday!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Red is my favourite colour:-)

Barb said...

That is really a cute stitching project. I love the colors. However, when it comes to color, it is hard to beat the woodpeckers!!

LDR said...

Some of my favorite birds today! Thank you for sharing your photos.