Thursday, November 8, 2018

It Only Took Six Years!

Design - "Liberty 1776"
Designer - Little House Needleworks
Fabric - 30 count Cocoa WDW linen
Fibers - Crescent Colours & GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 13 August 2012
Completed - 1 November 2018  

Gosh!  It only took me six years of on and off stitching to complete this design.  Why so long?  There's no easy answer.  Larger designs are a bane for me - I tend to lose interest after a month or so.  I love this design and the colors - everything about it.  I tried a couple of times in past years to get energized and finish it up.  That did not happen and it was not until this summer that I finally found the mojo to work on this again.  I'm glad with the continued encouragement of my Followers that I followed through this time and 'got her done!'

Every once in a while, I 'see' birds when I look at my photos on the computer that I did not 'see' when I took the photos.  This series is a great example.   

I was listening to birds working in the big leaf maple seeds.
I thought they were Juncos and Chickadees. But nope - that extra-long tail is a clue.

It was a small flock of busy Bushtits!  Can you see the three birds?

Here's another one!

And yet another one!  What a wonderful surprise.
In town lots of backyard birds have the flocks come to suet feeders.  I have six - yes six suet feeders and have yet to see a group come eat this fall.  Perhaps I'll have success when the weather gets rainier and colder.

   

6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your gorgeous finish, Beth! I love the colors in this piece and glad you got it done. I totally missed the bird in the first picture of the series. I finally found it.

Vickie said...

Congratulations on Liberty. It's great!

Christine said...

Congrats on the finish after 6 years! I think we all have projects like that!

Barb said...

Liberty is just beautiful! Good for you for getting it finished.

Meg said...

Way to go, Beth! That is a lovely stitch. I can see it as a little pillow. What do you plan to do with it?

Rhodesia said...

I often find odd things on photos after downloading them it makes life interesting 😉 Have a good day Diane