Thursday, November 29, 2018

Back to the Archives

Design - "Happy Gobble Gobble Day"
Designer - The Trilogy
Fabric - 32 count Lambswool line
Fibers - WDW & GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 29 November 2012
Completed - 27 December 2012

I've posted more archival finishes than normal in November.  My stitching mojo has temporarily left me. I hope to do better in December.

Sometimes, in the winter especially, you see the same birds over and over again. 

Male California Quail - no biggy...

Same with this young female California Quail.

But this, this is interesting!

Why? Because the quail are eating suet - something I've never observed before.

One of the owners of my local WBU store is a retired ornithologist and he's very excited about seeing photos of this behavior.


6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a great capture in photos, Beth!

Vickie said...

Well that is a sweet, little finish you shared with us Beth.

Rhodesia said...

Fabulous pictures, they look quite similar to 'our' partridge. It cannot get to our suet but I wonder if I moved it...... Take care Diane

Maggee said...

Well that IS unusual! I have darn ole Grackles eating my Peanut Butter Pie... and the Downys. That's about it right now... I stitched that piece too... It's about to go into storage before Christmas comes out! Hugs!

Barb said...

Those quail are beautiful birds!

Carol said...

I've always loved this particular Thanksgiving stitch so I don't mind seeing it over and over :) I actually did stitch this years ago, but gave it away. I really need to stitch and finish one for myself!

Oh, the quail are eating suet! Sure wish we would get quail in our yard some day!