Friday, July 13, 2018

UFO Turns into A WIP & Further Yellow Birds

I've picked up an old UnFinished Object (UFO) "Liberty 1776" by Little House Needleworks.  I began stitching this in August of 2012. It has basically languished since then.  I've worked on it for a couple of days now and I'll show of a Work In Progress (WIP) photo sometime next week.

I don't remember a summer where I've seen so many warblers in July.

Here's a male Wilson's Warbler.

Note the black patch atop his head. That helps distinguish him from the females. The patch is much paler on the females.  

I finally got some good looks at the male.

He's' been active from about 7-8pm.

And so have the females!
Look at her!

I was stunned to have her fly in close - within three feet of me.

My camera was hanging around my neck, so I got to great photos...

...without having to zoom out...

...the clarity is excellent!

Monday evening this Pretty Boy stopped by.

It's a young male Western Tanager.

I think he is a youngster as a mature male's face is far deeper red.  

I'm hoping he becomes a continuing visitor.

8 comments:

Justine said...

Do you have lots of UFOs Beth? I didn't imagine you would have any as you seem to stitch one at a time! Your warblers are such colourful birds.

Mary said...

You captured great, clear photos of the warblers. How exciting for you that they stayed so close to you. The Western Tanager has such a pretty face too. I'm surprised you have a UFO too!!

Robin in Virginia said...

What fabulous warbler pictures, Beth! The Western Tanager is beautiful as well. Enjoy your Friday!

LaNelle said...

Fabulous photos Beth!! They are so pretty.... enjoy your weekend....😁

Nicole H. said...

I just finished 1776 myself after it had also languished as a UFO for about 4 years!

RJ said...

Oh my that warbler is so pretty...such a vibrant yellow. You sure captured it perfectly in your photos. Good luck with your new stitch. I'm glad you picked it up again. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Barb said...

Those warblers are so beautiful as is the Western Tanager!! That is a stitch that I have often considered adding to my stash. I really like it.

deb said...

Ohmigoodness, the warblers are gorgeous - what fantastic pictures you got of the female!