Friday, July 27, 2018

Remember This?

The last time I posted an update on Heartstring Samplery's Redwing Blackbird was back in early June.  I've not worked on it since until I pulled it out on Monday and began working on it again.  It looks like a black blob rather than a blackbird - a bill and legs will help and that's what I shall stitch next.

We've been hot, hot, hot.  

On 90f+ days the water I provide for the birds might be more important than the food I set out. 

After having a drink, this young Oregon Junco decided to take the plunge.

Cautiously stepping deeper...

...and deeper.

Ah - bath time!  So refreshing!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Glad to see your Redwing Blackbird making an appearance again, Beth! I always see them perched on cattails when I walk up at my mom's place. I keep trying to get a good photo of one, but with my camera phone it is difficult.

Hope things cool down for you soon--we are enjoying a lovely 74° day here :)

Justine said...

Ah that poor bird having a bath! So important to remember our feathered friends in this heat.

RJ said...

Well how did I miss this one??? Beth your bird bath is great and I can see your feathered friend enjoys it very much. RJ