Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Wednesday Walk

No excuses!  The rain has ended, so let's go outside.

 

This walk will be a mix of roadside daffodils and wildflowers.

It's sort of remarkable how many different varieties have settled at the edges of the road.

Some times in nice large clumps...


...and sometimes just one or two bulbs.

No matter.  All are appreciated and enjoyed.

Here's another sign on spring - a nice crop of Miner's Lettuce.

False Solomon's Seal.

Starry Solomon's Seal.
And another daffodil.

Someone's home past or present.

AS the rains have just ceased, the creeks are full and fast. 

Camas shots.

Meadow Rue.

Good to see an Oregon Pond Turtle basking in the sunshine. 

Corn Lilies.

Wild Lupine.

Wow!  We're at our driveway.  This is a group of "Passionale" daffodils. 

I think my Mom with the help of my Dad and sister have planted over 20 varieties.

Most are singles...

...but some, like this are pretty fancy!
Hope you enjoyed today's walk.

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fabulous variety of daffodils, Beth! I enjoyed today's walk. Miner's Lettuce is one that I am not familiar with, so off to look it up. Lucky you on the turtle sighting!

MaryO said...

Love it! We had a lot of daffs in CT. They don't do well where I live. They may live one season and then that's it.
Beautiful pics!
MaryO1230

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a lovely show of daffodils you have - so much yellow to brighten your days.

Vickie said...

A nice, bright, cheery post. I have plenty of brightness out my window, but it is all white!!

Barb said...

I love seeing all the various daffodils. They are one of my favorite flowers!

cocoya said...

Lovely selection ob bird shots. Take care Diane

RoyalRuby
Gclub

Maggee said...

Those are all so lovely--great varieties! All of my daffs are spent now... so this weekend, I will tie them off to make them less unattractive. My newly added Hyacinths just bloomed tho, and they are quite pretty! And my poor, beat up Clematis vine looks like it is coming back!! Yay! Hugs!