Sunday, March 1, 2015

A Hummingbird Sunday

We've had a couple of cold frosty mornings.

The hummers flock to the feeders on cold mornings for an energy boost to kick-start their day.

I should have taken the feeders in at night as they were frozen.

I had to refill them and I had customer waiting for me.

Sorry, I'll do better next time.

"Sure you will",she says.

The colorful head of a male Anna's looks dark and black in the shade.

Then the sunlight hits it!

One a cold morning, two guys decided to hold a territorial truce and have a drink together. 

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Love your March header! Boy, do I need those signs of spring. Love the hummers! Wow, I guess it really did get cold with the feeder freezing. Loved your last post too -- great decorating!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Your new March header is just lovely Beth, so many flowers together. I always enjoy seeing the hummingbirds.

Debbie said...

Hi Beth,
Love your March header!
Beautiful hummer photos!!

cucki said...

Sweet March header..
Lovely photos xx

Maggee said...

I am inspired by all the flowers in your March header. I tried to stitch a flower-y piece TWICE this weekend...both ended up in the trash! It is difficult to thing spring when there is snow covered by ice in your yard. Sigh! But seeing the Hummers again is uplifting! Yay!

Anonymous said...

What utterly stunning pictures!

Pondside said...

They are the sweetest little birds. We haven't seen any yet this year - soon though.

Frances said...

Those hummingbirds are divine! I'm in awe of their beautiful colors!
I love your new header--the flowers do make it seem like Spring is on the way!

Melody said...

I love your March header!! So many pretty pieces.