Thursday, May 23, 2024

Random Sightings


Design - "Western Scrub Jay"
Chart - "The Bird Collection" Part 3
Designer - Heartstring Samplery
Fabric - 32 count Wren Picture This Plus linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 14 September 2017
Completed - 4 October 2017

The 'official' name of this bird changed from the time Beth Twist published her design to the time I stitched it. I charted out the 'new' name California Scrub Jay and that's what I stitched.

Framed - September 2018


Unusual for me, I keep seeing and hearing...

A group of four Purple Martins.

It seems that whenever I see them, the light is not cooperative.

Nonetheless, they continue to fly around and chatter most evenings.

And this guy, solo, continues to come by.
Just one solitary male Acorn Woodpecker.
Where are the others?!

And the two Crows. 

They are devouring my suet.

No comments: