Monday, March 11, 2024

Juncos



Here's a blast from the past (2011). "Bouquet for March" was a delight from start to finish.
I did change the DMC color for the violets, and am pleased with my choice.  I also discovered an error in the chart - one of the cyclamen stems is not charted, but is clearly shown on the chart photo, so I added it in.



I even found a cyclamen (plant) that matched the colors of the stitched piece.  I decided that I'd use this piece to honor my maternal Grandfather.  It's a wonderful match as he had a March birthday and a special affection for cyclamen which ran rampant in his yard.  I added his initials on the left - "JWW" and the years of his birth and death - 1912-2009.  Then I stitched my initials and the year the piece was finished on the bottom right.

Design - "March Bouquet"
Designer - Cedar Hills
Fabric - 28 count R & R Irish Creme linen
Fibers - DMC
Started - 17 March 2011
Completed - 4 May 2011

Here it is framed.  I usually display it this month.  

The Sharp-shined Hawk is still around.

Even in the pouring rain.

The Juncos scatter when the hawk arrives.



Nice profile

They like sunflowers and millet.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful piece you stitched in honor of your grandfather, Beth. I know I have said it before, but I will say it again. Cedar Hill had some timeless and beautiful designs. The Juncos are adorable little birds. Mr. Sharp Shin looks very alert.