Monday, October 10, 2022

Bright Birds

 

Design - "Pumpkin Harvest" (Take Alongs)
Designer - The Trilogy
Fabric - Aida
Fibers - GAST & WDW
Started - ?
Completed - 7 August 2015

This was something my Mom worked on and finished several years ago.  A nice seasonal autumnal stitch.

I looked up...

...and there was a bright bird in the sky.

It was even doing tricks.

Fun to watch.

I am pleased that it is well into October and I'm still seeing an Acorn Woodpecker or two.

Last year, after frequenting this area for more than 7 years, "my" group of birds disbanded and left by the end of September 2021.  I did not see or hear an Acorn Woodpecker again until spring of 2022. 

I've been seeing a female...

...but also a male - this series of photos shows the male.


Right side up and talking.

Upside down

I'm hoping that they hang out this winter.
The male has recently been eating at the peanut feeder in the front of the house.
Victory!

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely fall piece! I stitched that one for an exchange many years ago. Very cool pictures of the hang glider (?) and of your Acorn woodpeckers.