Tuesday, October 19, 2021

What's in Store?

Design - "Whoo's There?"
Designer - Barbara Ana Designs
Fabric - 32 count cream linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 23 October 2016
Completed - 24 October 2016

I've been hearing owls.  One evening I heard two Great-horned Owls, a Saw Whet Owl, and a Barred Owl all calling at the same time.

Otherwise it has been quiet on the bird front.  The question this time of year is: Will there be an eruption of Pine Siskin this winter like last winter?
Some of the WBU customers had reported seeing them, but I remained skeptical!

The on Saturday morning I heard the iconic "zeeeet" call.

And I found a couple of Pine Siskins.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a sweet owl stitch, Beth! Glad you heard and saw a pair!

Darlene S said...

Really cute stitchery. I'm not familiar with Pine Siskins. Lucky you.

Barb said...

What a cute owl design! My daughter wears her bike helmet when she walks in the early morning as she has been swooped by owls several times!