Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Sunday's Gift a Tuesday Post

Design - "13 Stars"
Designer - Subrosa
Fabric - 28 count Lakeside Basketweave linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 1 July 2017
Completed - 15 July 2017

Sunday blessed me with a special gift.

High up near the top of a Douglas Fir tree I heard, then saw a female Bullock's Oriole.  It then flew off and I thought that was as close as it would get.

Or not!

A few minutes later it returned to the backyard for some much lower and closer looks. 

A striking bird - notice the tail as well as head and breast.

I could not ask for more.

Except its 2nd perch allowed me to see more of the bird. 


Again lots of nice poses.

I like the tilted head.

Orioles make usual and distinctive sounds. Click on this link then listen to the California Calls from May 1988 to hear what I did.

It would not seem like summer if I did not see a Bullock's Oriole.

Thank you bird!

3 comments:

MaryO said...

Great photos, great stitch!

MaryO

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your 13 Stars piece! What a gorgeous sighting of the Bullock's Oriole!

Darlene S said...

I have never seen a Bullock's Oriole. Absolutely beautiful. She is the perfect model for the camera. I think she liked you watching her and taking pictures. I hope she'll come back and visit you again. What pretty bird so elegant.