Sunday, January 10, 2021

Flashback Sunday

 

As I do not have any new hummingbird photos to share, I thought I'd find some of my favorites from year's past. Comments below the photos are indicative of when the photo was originally taken and posted, not current circumstances.

Friday was gray and cold with intense rain showers.
This male Rufous hummingbird sought protection under the front porch.


He shook the water off his feathers. 

He contorted his neck (it looks like a swan's!) to do some grooming. 

A female Anna's Hummingbird came to the feeder.

As did this female Rufous (I think).  She has a spotted throat and brown tones on her chest. 

Lastly I spied this is a male Rufous with green-flecked wings.
Now I need to go out and refill the feeder!

Now it's full summer!

The male Anna's sneaks a drink in Rufous Territory!

And here's a female Rufous. As more and more of my plants come into bloom, I'll have more Hummingbird activity close to the house.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful hummers of the past, Beth. I like the two where the hummer is grooming.

MaryO said...

Beautiful hummers!