Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Young Bird

Design - "Pop"
Chart - "Yankee Doodles"
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 28 count Lambswool Jobelan
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 14 July 2012
Completed 17 July 2012 

Yesterday I mentioned seeing a couple of young Red-breasted Sapsuckers.

I had a couple of different sightings.

The birds are easy to ID...

...the red on their head has barely developed.

I got some nice photos on my 2nd sighting.

I ended up running of the bird as I did not want it drilling holes at the top of this tree my mom planted.  If the top died, she would not be happy.

Mature birds tend to work on larger trees and the trees do not sustain permanent damage.

But young birds don't have all that figured out yet.

There's a learning curve.

Live and learn young bird!

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Pop stitch is adorable! What a good looking young bird!

Rhodesia said...

How exciting I have never seen a sapsucker, lucky you. Take care Diane

Barb said...

That young bird is certainly pretty sorry it is so bad for the tree!