Monday, December 16, 2019

Lucky Thirteen

Design - "Reindeer"
Chart - "Christmas Past" #51
Designer - The Prairie Schooler
Fabric - 32 count Black Zweigart linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 21 December 2012
Completed - 26 December 2012

I worked a shorter shift on Friday the 13th, so was home to do a bit of bird-watching in the afternoon.

I spied a Ruby-crowned Kinglet flitting about. Then noticed this White-throated Sparrow. 

That's a pretty good bird, and one I'd not seen for several weeks.

But this bright little bird was my Friday the 13th Lucky Bird.

A male Townsend's Warbler.  In my 13 years of living here, I've never had one come to my feeders.  They are pretty common winter feeder birds down on the valley floor, but I've only ever seen them in September migrating through.

I am hopeful that this bird might become a regular, but if it does not, it still was a wonderful gift to get to watch in for 30 minutes or so.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fabulous bird sighting for you of the male Townsend's warbler, Beth!

Barb said...

What lovely birds. That yellow band around the eye of the Warbler is so interesting! What a beautiful bird!