Thursday, October 24, 2019

Owl and Bluebirds

Design - "Little Boo"
Chart - "Playing with Jax" #328
Designer - The Cricket Collection
Fabric - 30 count Flax Field linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - October 2015
Completed - 7 October 2015

On Saturday morning, I had a most wonderful surprise.
I looked over at the deer fence to see four or five Western Bluebird, each perched atop a fence post.

Fortunately, I had my camera at hand!
Here's a male.

And a female. 

Two females.

And another.

A female and male.

A male.
They spoke quietly to one another for a couple of minutes, before taking off together and fly off to the south.  Western Bluebirds reside in the Willamette Valley all year long, but I have never seen one in October before.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your owl mitten stitch is adorable. Oh my goodness, Beth! What gorgeous shots of the Western Bluebirds you were able to get! Yay on having the camera at the ready!