Thursday, May 23, 2019

So Yeah...

So yeah...it's pretty obvious that even though I thought I used DMC 610 to stitch the nest and flower branches...that I did not.  I'll have to mess with my DMC master board and see if I can figure out what the number is for the chocolate brown I used so I can finish up this thing.

In the Woodpecker World...

The Hairy Woodpeckers are back in town!
The male.

The female.

I think I see her a bit more frequently.
I've also had a Downy Woodpecker couple - though never at the same time.

I did have three Acorn Woodpeckers fly in together.

This is a young male.

And it's nice to have a female Flicker in the mix.

I am overwhelmed by all the Starlings and the inroads they are making on my suet and cylinders.  I'm stopping the cylinders and will switch to the most inexpensive suet I can find for the next 10 days or so.  Am hoping the Starlings will disband and peace will return to my feeders.  

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Hmmm, perhaps 433 or 434 for the brown used in the nest. At least, that is what I think my monitor is showing. Good to see the woodpeckers; sorry the starlings are being such food hogs.

judyblount said...

I feel your pain with the Starlings. They are such greedy, noisy birds! Hope they move on soon. I always look forward to your bird photos!

Joyce said...

Those noisy bothersome Starlings having issues with them myself right now, and I have nothing in my feeders right now hopefully they move on soon. My Bluebirds are nesting at the present time, and I think a Robin has a nest in one of my trees. Thanks for all of your photos you do such a great job with the shots you post and your descriptions, they make my day.