Thursday, May 2, 2019

New Yard Bird

Garden Grumbles & Cross Stitch Fumbles May 2019 Blog Header

Row #1:The Prairie Schooler, "Birdsong I", "Rummingbird"; Heartstring Samplery, "American Robin"; The Little Stitcher, "Eastern Bluebird".

Row #2: The Bent Creek, "May Blooms"; The Bent Creek, "Blue Bird", The Bent Creek, "Black-capped Chickadee".

I am having trouble uploading the header to the blog- bear with me.


A warm, sunny spring day!

A little male Downy Woodpecker stopped by.

I was glad to see him.

He hung out on a tree top of a while.

I think the swallows are finally getting serious about nesting.

This male Violet-green perched near a bird house.

And here's a female checking out a possible home.

The big excitement though was this guy - a new Yard Bird for me.

A Red-shouldered Hawk.  Isn't he beautiful?

5 comments:

Rhodesia said...

Oh so lucky with a Red-shouldered kite, I do enjoy watching the birds of prey. My boss of many, many years ago was a falconer and I think I got the love from helping with his birds. Cheers Diane

Robin in Virginia said...

The new header for May is lovely, Beth. Hope you get it loaded soon! The Red-shouldered Hawk is beautiful. Enjoy your day!

Vickie said...

Your new header is wonderful Beth! I have never seen a Red-shouldered Hawk. He is gorgeous!

Barb said...

That hawk is a beautiful bird!

Astrids dragon said...

I love the header, especially the fat Blue Bird!
We have hawks around us and I love watching them.