Friday, April 26, 2019

Spring Moves Forward

Design - "Fair Daffodil"
Designer - Blackbird Designs
Fabric - R & R 18th Century Rook linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Sentiment - 1 strand over 1 thread
Started - May 2011
Completed - 10 March 2014

Most of the daffodils have bloomed and faded.
But there are still wonderful new things happening as spring moves forward. 

I had my first sighting of a male Bullock's Oriole a couple of days ago.
I have an oriole feeder and have put it out - the question is - will anyone use it?

The Black-headed Grosbeaks have returned.

First I saw a couple of males.

They have a wonderful song. 

It has been described as a 'rollicking robin' .

They like black oil sunflower seeds...

...and also frequent my suet feeders.

The very next day a female showed up.

I'm now up to 4 males and two females.

In the Evening Grosbeak world - I've seen as many as 35 birds!
The air is filled with the high-pitched 'chirr' as they talk to one another.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Beth love your daffodil piece. Your bird pictures are excellent, thank you for sharing with us. How lucky to have so many grosbeaks.

Robin in Virginia said...

That Bullock's Oriole is stunning. Interesting coloring on the male Evening Grosbeaks. Enjoy your Friday!

Meg said...

Wow! The Black-headed Grosbeaks are a sharp-dressed birds, aren't they? Gorgeous.

I absolutely love your daffodil stitch.