Thursday, January 10, 2019

A Finish From Back in September 2018

Design - "Little Birds Calendar" - Bluethroat" - "September"
Designer - The Little Stitcher
Fabric - 32 count Vintage Country Linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 11 September 2018
Completed - 18 September 2018

Inexplicably, I never posted my Bluethroat finish.  So here it is!

The Bluethroat is an attractive insectivor. It resides in Europe and Asia, with a few in northern Alaska, so it's not a bird I'm likely to see.

My attractive bird this week is the Chestnut-backed Chickadee.

The chickadee was active at my peanut feeder.

He'd break off a small piece...

...then fly to this young acer to eat his meal.

He posed nicely for me...

...and gave me some good looks.

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Bluethroat is a beautiful stitch. What a handsome chickadee!

Ren Tolbert said...

Hi Beth,
Do you have the free bird patterns from Waxing Moon Designs? I just printed off the Spring Bluebird. They also have the Summer Sparrow, Autumn Blackbird and Winter Cardinal.
I follow your blog I just don't post as I usually read on an iPod late at night!! You gave me info about a trail camera, which we purchased and do enjoy. Thanks you!! It's super cold here in East Tennessee and maybe a bit of snow Friday and Saturday.
Have a Great January!! I really enjoy your blog!!
Ren

Barb said...

That is a lovely stitch. The little chickadees are hard to beat in the bird world. Even though there are more colorful birds, the chickadees are among my favorites.

RJ said...

Love this stitch Beth. RJ