Friday, December 18, 2015

Friday Framed Finish


Design - "Wee Santa 1999"
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 32 count Clay Belfast linen 
Fibers - DMC & WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 23 October 1999
Completed - 7 November 1999

Framed - October 2016

Well it took me only took me 17 years, but I got the Jolly Guy framed!

I continue to have lots of California Quail about.

I need to take a census and see how many are female...

...and how many are male.

I count eight males and eight females here.

Everyone is fat and healthy.

One top knot forward and one top not to tipped to the back on the guys.

Right now they are not the least territorial and find safety as a group.

Come spring that will change.

And the gals will be pestered by the attention of the guys.

14 comments:

Katken said...

OH how I love to see you quail!!! I also want to know if your eyes are uncrossed yet after stitching that Santa coat!!! What a grid!!
Merry Christmas!!

Vickie said...

THAT Santa is fantastic! Love the different textures and designs going on there.

CalamityJr said...

I'm must admit I'm not always a Santa fan, but this one could make even me want to stitch him. What a cutie! Love your quail as well. You're such a gifted photographer. Thanks for all you share with us.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Great finish
Perfect in his frame

cucki said...

Aww so sweet....perfect stitching
Big hugs x

Amy said...

The Santa is very cute! Great find r.e. the frame too! His collar looks interesting; how did you manage to get that texture?

Still loving your quail photos.

Carol said...

That gives me some hope for getting some of my long stitched, but not yet framed finishes framed, Beth!! It turned out great and the nice thing, is he doesn't look dated at all.

Always smile when I see a quail post--such chubby cuties!

Barb said...

Those quails look like they are getting along just fine. I had to laugh at the 17 years, I do things like that all the time. Santa looks very good in his frame.

daisy g said...

Love your vintage stitching!

Brigitte said...

I can't believe that this sweet little guy had been in a drawer for such a long time. So good that you could free him and give him a nice frame, lol.

Chris said...

Beautiful finish and love the bird pics.

Weronika said...

Wonderful finish!

Maggee said...

That Santa is really really cute! And the framing is PERFECT for him! I like that gradation of color on the frame. I have a regular flock of Mourning Doves daily. I may look into if there is a difference between males and females. And I have named one of the House Finches! I will blog about that... soon! Hugs!

Justine said...

I love your Santa! He was definitely worth finishing.