Monday, December 10, 2012

My Favorite Christmas Store

Is this progress? I've got a PS reindeer kitted up.

And the 'Celebrate' reindeer from LZ.  Now to find the time to stitch!

Hiron's Drugstore is a fun place to shop and browse year-round, but come Christmastime it is almost magical!

Who after all can resist a sock monkey or two?  

I liked this stylized depiction of the Nativity.

And this small faux tree reminded me of one my grandmother used to place on her holiday dining table.

The small Christmas tree salt and pepper on the left jumped into my shopping basket.  

The store is crammed with trees - each decorated with the different theme. 

Several aisles are overflowing with seasonal merchandise. 

This would be a perfect addition to my food themed trees which reside in the kitchen.

There's a snowman for every taste.

And a tree decorated to every taste too.  This one is a woodland walk composed of acorns, mushrooms, owls, and bronze-toned ornaments.

Here's a tree to delight the wine-lover on your list.

Nutcrackers large and small.

Ornaments with an old-fashioned esthetic.

I'll end with this photo which reminds me of something out of a middle eastern bazaar!  I think that's what Hiron's is - a shopping adventure! 

14 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet
Thank you for sharing
Hugs x

CalamityJr said...

What a great store - wish I were closer!

Siobhán said...

What a great store! I'd love to do a bunch of different themed trees. I am looking forward to seeing your mom's tree!

Margaret said...

Thanks for the Christmas treat. How lovely that store is!! Fantastic!

Vickie said...

Oh my! What a store!

Carol said...

Finding time to stitch is so hard this time of year, isn't it Beth? Both projects look very tempting :)

And what a store--it looks like they truly have something for every taste!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Choices, choices, choices Beth. I know what you mean about finding time to stitch, I find myself starting to stress about not having enough time in each day at the moment. I even missed your lovely bird post from yesterday:-)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

There's just something fun about looking at Christmas ornaments! Love the cupcake and the bottle brush tree. Fun!

Cathy said...

I want to go to that store! I would get into so much trouble there! Unfortunately, it would be too long of a drive. LOL!
Cathy

Angela said...

What a fantastic store! Wish we had something like that here. Love the ornaments you will be stitching!

Nicola said...

I would definitely need by credit card to visit that store. So many gorgeous goodies.

Barb said...

I can't believe that is called a Drugstore. Wonderful photos!

Pam in IL said...

I've got those same Lizzie Kate designs kitted up.

I could spend a whole day walking through that store. My favorite is the owl ornie!

Melanie said...

Wow. I am SO glad I don't live anywhere near this place. Oh the damage I would do!!